Do you consider that you masturbate too much? Do you want to identify how to stop masturbation? In this case, I advise you to read the following lines.
Masturbation is a sexual practice of causing sexual pleasure by stimulating the genitals or other erogenous zones, usually with the help of hands, or sometimes objects such as dildos or other sex toys.
Although masturbation is controversial, we do not try to know if it is good to masturbate or not, since it is not the object of this article. However, masturbation exists in all cultures, is present throughout all eras of history, and is the way most teens discover what they like before engaging in adult sex. However, if it becomes an obsession that encroaches on other activities of your life or if you belong to a religion or a philosophy that forbids masturbation, it is possible to restrain your desires, to master your self-discipline and your desires.
How to stop masturbation? If you have tried everything and you simply cannot keep your addiction under control, it may be time to talk to someone else about your problem and ask for help.
Try not to feel too shameful and remember that many people are in the situation where you are. Asking for help is an act of bravery and most people you talk to will see it as such.
Make an appointment with a health professional. Therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists are all trained to help people with varying levels of sex addiction. Start by consulting a therapist in your area who can assess your addiction and turn to more specialized help if necessary. There are several treatment options available, from cognitive and behavioral therapy to medication.
Talk about the subject with a therapist. Explain why masturbation affects your life. Some people do it to distract themselves and forget their emotional, social, or financial problems. By being open with the therapist, he may be able to help you.
It is normal to need a little time to get used to confiding in a therapist, take your time.
If you feel sad, angry, or empty before masturbating, tell the therapist.
Learn about the different treatments. Excessive masturbation is considered an addiction to sex. A therapist may recommend that you take certain medications in addition to regular consultations.
Most often, people come to depend on masturbation for several reasons: to fill a void, like a hobby, as a source of pleasure, or as an obsession … Whatever the reasons, the lines that follow you offer some tips on how to stop masturbation.
1. Find Another Way to Use Your Time and Energy.
Fill your life with new enriching activities. The urge to do something different can help you replace the desire for masturbation and you will have a distraction to which you turn the next time you are tempted. Try some of these options.
– Get Creative.
The process of transforming sexual drives into creative production (called sublimation) is a technique that Christian monks have used for centuries. Start writing, learn to play a musical instrument, paint, draw or do anything that makes you feel about creating something beautiful.
– Play Sports.
It takes discipline and perseverance to excel in a sport. Take an interest in solo sports like running or swimming or in team sports like football, basketball, or tennis. Any exercise that relaxes tension, makes you feel happier, and focuses on your body is a positive thing. Yoga is also a form of exercise that allows you to feel more relaxed and less willing to use masturbation.
– Eat Balanced.
Fruits and vegetables have a positive effect on your body and provide you with all the nutrients you need to increase your energy to stay active throughout the day.
– Find a New Hobby or Cultivate Know-How.
Learning a subject that takes a long time to master can refocus your brain on the delayed gratification caused by the idea of achieving goals, instead of the instant gratification provided by masturbation. For example, try cooking, woodworking, archery, baking, public speaking, or gardening.
– Give Your Time.
Devote your energy to helping people who have been less fortunate than you, for example by working in a home, tutoring low-income students, cleaning up disaster areas, or raising funds for a good cause. You will feel truly altruistic in lightening the burden of others and you will have less time available to get away from your goals.
– Get Enough Sleep.
Envy can be extremely strong, you must have enough energy to fight it. Sleep at least 8 hours and if you forget to go to bed at a reasonable time, sound an alarm to remember.
2. Make a Plan on How to Stop Masturbation During the Free Times of the Day.
– If you have problems before going to bed or in the shower, find a way to make the masturbation less attractive. For example, if it’s a problem late at night, pump up until you’re too tired to do anything but fall asleep. If you find the moment of the shower too tempting, use only ice water, you will not want to stay too long.
– If you masturbate all the time when you come home from school, make sure you have something to do to avoid getting bored. If you have so little to do that your mind often wanders to sexual thoughts, it’s time to add activities to your calendar. You will find a more natural way how to stop masturbation if you are too busy or too tired to waste energy on distractions.
– If you are tempted to masturbate in the morning, try to sleep with a layer of extra clothes so that it is more difficult to touch this area.
3. Limit Your Loneliness.
If you masturbate often because you feel terribly alone, find ways to limit your loneliness. That means you could join as many clubs as possible, accept invitations and invite others and go out to make more friends. If you want to meet someone, ask a friend to arrange an appointment or register on a dating site.
– There is something else to limit the times when you are more likely to find yourself alone. If you tend to masturbate before your parents return from work, go for a walk during that time or do your homework in a cafe.
– Even if all your friends are busy, you can always limit the urge to masturbate when going out in a public place. For example, instead of watching the game at home alone, watch it at a sports bar. Even if you do not go out with friends, you are not alone and you will have much less time to masturbate.
4. How to Stop Masturbation? Stop Watching Pornography on Your Computer.
One of the reasons you want to masturbate is that you know you can have pornography in seconds if you want. However, if you do not have enough willpower to stop looking at pornography, you can take the following steps to get there.
– Consider installing parental control software on your computer. Of course, you will know the password to unblock the banned sites, but the simple fact of realizing that they are blocked will allow you to remember why they are blocked. You can also type a random password into a text file, copy and paste it into the software password box, and check it before deleting the file. This way, you will not be able to remember the password for your parental control software. It’s the best way to stay strong and not torture yourself.
– If you tend to masturbate while watching pornography on your computer, try installing the computer in a room where others can see you.
– If you have a physical collection of pornographic material, get rid of it as quickly as possible.